AGM Abogados has extensive experience in advising private equity companies and their investment funds on all types of investment transactions and the purchase and sale of companies or assets.
Who do we advise?
1) Venture capital companies and investment funds:
- Business angels.
- Seed/venture capital.
- Private equity.
- Family offices.
2) We advise management teams on all types of company acquisition:
- Management Buy-Out (MBO).
- Management Buy-In (MBI).
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO).
- Leveraged Buy-in (LBI).
- Buy & Build.
3) We advise companies in the process of expansion in their search for financial partners to finance their investment projects.
What are our main Private Equity services?
- We provide advice on all aspects and stages of the various investment, financing and acquisition operations.
- Our services cover all types of processes from traditional M&A transactions to auctions or beauty contest auctions and the acquisition of companies in special situations (bankruptcy).
- In addition, we take care of the necessary documentation and comprehensive legal work to execute the acquisitions:
- Non-disclosure Agreements (NDA).
- Letters of Intent (LOI).
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- Contracts for the purchase and sale of companies and businesses (SPA and APA).
- Representations and Warranties (R&W) among others.
Finally, we also provide advice on all phases of the life of venture capital:
1) Identification of companies with potential:
- We assist our clients in finding companies that fit with their investment criteria.
- We make the initial contacts and manage the gathering of preliminary information.
- We design the preparatory documents, such as confidentiality agreements or letters of intent.
2) In the entry phase:
- We create the necessary corporate structure for any type of operation.
- We look for the best corporate and tax formulas for the specific situation.
- In the event that the venture capital firm does not acquire 100% of the target company’s capital, we prepare the necessary documents to govern the relationship with the partners, such as articles of association and shareholders agreements, which govern issues such as:
- Pre-emptive subscription rights.
- Anti-dilution mechanisms.
- Clauses on supervening financing.
- Drag along and tag along clauses.
- Dividend distribution.
- Non-competition, among others.
- We design all types of incentive plans to involve the management team in the development of the companies, such as stock options and phantom shares.
3) In the development phase:
AGM Abogados regularly advises its national and international clients through the participation of some of its partners in the Boards of Directors, providing strategic knowledge as a result of its experience in multiple sectors.
Among the sectors in which we have the most experience, the following stand out:
- Health care.
- Financial services.
4) Divestiture phase:
We help our client protect their profitability by preparing the sale according to the best terms as a seller.
Why choose our Private Equity services?
- We have more than two decades of experience advising all types of private equity funds, both national and international, in investment and purchase and sale transactions.
- Thanks to our experience and knowledge, we help companies make strategic decisions and maximise their value.
- Our multidisciplinary team allows us to offer a complete and personalised approach to our clients’ needs.
Do you need advice on Private Equity?
You may be interested
Can we help you?
Contact us and we will advise you on our Private Equity services.